Welcome to the West Michigan Coyotes. We are a MTB racing team of student-athletes Grades 6-12 from across West Michigan. As of 2019, we have members from across the area, as far north as Grant, south to Sturgis and along the corridor from Grand Rapids to Muskegon (including Forest Hills, EGR, Spring Lake and Grand Haven). We abide by three principles:
- Mountain biking is a great sport for everyone. Starting while you’re still in middle school or high school sets you up for a lifetime of fun in the woods.
- Racing is fun, and racing together is even more fun. Our team, while competitive and excited to win a team championship some day, really revolves around having a good time on your bike.
- Sportsmanship is contagious.
Home Trail Advantage is REAL.
The Coyotes had unquestionably their best team showing this week, winning both the High School and Middle School races by their largest margins of the year, and establishing a lead in the chase for a dual-state championship. Many riders outperformed previous results, and it’s safe to say riding near home, on a trail we know well, made the team faster than previous weeks. Thanks for coming to GR, MiSCA!
A million thanks to Jeff Minnerick who spent the night outside in the dark and rain to prepare a stellar lunch for our team, and the MiSCA volunteers. Please show him some Facebook love if you get the chance. That was definitely the best meal we’ve ever had at a race. THANKS JEFF!
I didn’t have a picture of Jeff, so this picture of his son Levi flying through the finish chute will have to do as a stand-in. Great job, Levi. Thanks so much, Jeff!
The team won both the Middle School and High School team races this weekend, and we are in a great position going into the final race as we see our first-ever dual-state-championship.
For the first time, we won three different races, and we had more podium finishes than we’ve had all year. It was undoubtedly a great day to be a Coyote.
Other Results from Merrell
- River Bouman, Girls Upper Elem, 6th
- Olivia Miller, Girls MS, 6th
- Nathaniel Vogler, Boys JV 11-12, 6th
- Brigid Whitmer, Girls MS, 7th
- Raven Kincaid, Girls Varsity, 8th
- Isaiah Roeber, Boys Adv MS, 8th
- Gage Bouman, Boys MS 6-7, 9th
- Bryce Natter, Boys Varsity, 9th
- Vaughn White, Boys MS 6-7, 10th
- Henry Wert, Boys Upper Elem, 11th
- Tim Knape, Boys MS 8, 12th
- Spencer Foster, Boys Lower Elem, 13th
- Eric Hoffman, Boys JV 9-10, 15th
- Levi Minnerick, Boys MS 6-7, 18th
- Matthew Kovicak, Boys MS 6-7, 20th
- Nicholas Budden, Boys Varsity, 22nd
- Lucas Williams, Boys MS 6-7, 22nd
- Josiah Taylor, Boys MS 6-7, 25th
- Jacob Boon, Boys JV 9-10, 26th
- Owen Handwerk, Boys JV 9-10, 29th
- Noah Krey, Boys MS 6-7, 29th
Click the photo to enlarge it.
Thank you, sponsors!
Our sponsors help fund our team in order to make all this happen. MANY thanks for their kind support of dollars and goods to support the Coyotes.
Jason Ryan – State Farm Insurance Agent
Central District Cyclery
Breakaway Bicycles and Fitness GH/Muskegon
Garrison Dental Solutions | Sectional Matrix System | Composi-Tight
Vie ƐƖ Kustom Apparel
West Michigan Coast Riders
MiSCA Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association
Joe D. Arbutante D.D.S. Family & Cosmetic Dentistry